About Gavin McMahon
Hey, I’m Gavin. I analyze trends in tech, finance and healthcare, and try to work out what is going to happen next. I’ve been tinkering with technologies, enthralled by startups and fascinated by the stories of entrepreneurs behind them, for as long as I can remember.
I decided to start this blog to ramble on about things I find interesting, and as a repository for new things I’m learning.
I live and work in NYC.
- sourcing and structuring healthcare investments for Santander Bank across North America
- running a startup pitching and networking community, as well as an angel investment network for US-based investors into Irish startups
- learning Python, project management (PMI)
- reading Dan Ariely’s “Predictably Irrational”
- Sourced and structured the acquisition of healthcare companies on the US East Coast for a private equity group
- Management Consulting
- Product Consultant & Support Lead for Pioneer
- Director at Mac Music
- Director at EasyWP
- B.Sc Finance, University College Cork
- M.Sc Innovation, Commercialization & Entrepreneurship, University College Cork
I do a bunch of other stuff too. In general, I’m just trying to convince my Mom I’m doing something valuable with my time.